Extensions and Travel PDF Print E-mail

Extend Your Stay in the United States

If you want an extension of your authorized stay in the United States, you must file a request for an extension before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States beyond the authorized period, you may be barred from returning to the United States and may even become the subject of removal proceedings and ultimately ordered deported from the United States.


If you are an alien without an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa, you must be approved for Advance Parole before leaving the United States. If you do not obtain Advance Parole before traveling, you may be denied permission to re-enter the United States upon your return.